On November 13th 1952, St. Anthony’s Friary with a small chapel for the friars was blessed. A handful of Catholics from Adugodi and the Police quarters attended Mass on Sundays in this chapel. In 1953 on March 11, the Mission Unit of St. Anthony was erected and this was the birth of the parish of St. Anthony. As the number of people attending the mass increased, a bigger chapel to accommodate 100 to 150 people was built (the present friary chapel). As the parish started growing and the number of Catholics coming to this chapel increased, in 1976, a multipurpose hall was built (the present right wing of the church). The then Archbishop of Bengaluru, (late) Most Rev. Pakiam Arogyaswamy raised the mission unit to the status of a parish. As the parish community grew larger, even this church was not sufficient, so the need for a bigger church was felt and extension of the church building was started. On April 1st 2001 the present spacious church was blessed by Most Rev. Ignatius Pinto, the former Archbishop of Bengaluru. St. Anthony’s Parish which was a small seed in the year 1953 has grown steadily into a big tree catering to the needs of over 5,000 plus-families. It is a joy to see its growth and steady rise to one of the largest parishes in the Archdiocese of Bengaluru. The parish, besides looking after the spiritual needs of the community, is engaged in various other social activities reaching out to the poor and less privileged families in and around the parish, thus striving to build up a big human family.